The Annual Convocation of Provincial Grand Chapter
will be held at
The Webbington Hotel & Spa, Loxton, Nr Axbridge, Somerset
Thursday 17th May 2018 at 3.30pm
Under the Banner of
Sincerity Chapter No.261
PROGRAMME FOR THE PROVINCIAL CONVOCATION
The Timetable is approximately as follows:
2.30pm Active officers, appointed for 2018/2019, to collect the jewel of
their office from Scribe E’s table in the Chapter.
3.00pm All Companions to be seated in the Chapter room.
3.00-3.25pm Distinguished Guests and Grand Officers will process into
Visiting Grand Superintendents will process into the Chapter.
The First Principals of all Somerset Chapters will enter into the Chapter
and be arranged under the banner of Sincerity Chapter No 261.
The Provincial Team will enter the Chapter.
3.30pm Provincial Grand Chapter will be opened by the Most Excellent
Grand Superintendent and the Provincial Grand Principals.
About 4.45pm Provincial Grand Chapter will be closed.
5.45pm Companions will be seated for Dinner.
6.00pm Dinner will be served
About 7.30 to 8.00pm Companions will depart.
Order of Procedure.
1.Excellent Companion D. John Bennett, the Most Excellent Grand Superintendent in
and over the Province of Somerset, and Officers of the Provincial Grand Chapter of
Somerset will enter in procession.
2. Provincial Grand Chapter will be opened in due form.
3. Opening Hymn.
4. The First Principal of Tyntesfield Chapter No 4494 will present the Somerset Sceptre to
the Most Excellent Grand Superintendent for safe keeping during the Provincial
5. To call the Roll of Chapters within the Province.
6. The attendance of Provincial Grand Officers will be reported.
7. To confirm the minutes of the Annual Convocation held at The Webbington Hotel & Spa,
Loxton, Nr Axbridge, Somerset, on Thursday 18th May 2017.
8. In Memoriam.
9. The Provincial Grand Treasurer’s Report and Accounts for the year ending 31st
December 2017 will be presented and if approved, adopted.
10. To receive the report of The Provincial Grand Scribe Ezra.
11. To Elect a Provincial Grand Treasurer for the ensuing year.
12. To Elect an Account Examiner for the ensuing year.
13. The Most Excellent Grand Superintendent will appoint, obligate, invest and install
E.Comp. Neil R. Hurcum as Third Provincial Grand Principal.
14. The Most Excellent Grand Superintendent will appoint and invest Provincial Grand
Chapter Officers for the ensuing year and confer Past Provincial Grand Chapter
Rank and Promotions
15. The Most Excellent Grand Superintendent will address the Companions.
16. The Most Excellent Grand Superintendent will present the Somerset Sceptre to the
First Principal of Exmoor Chapter No 2390.
17. Any other business.
18. To receive apologies.
19. To close Provincial Grand Chapter.
20. Closing Hymn and Collection of Alms.
21. The first and second verse of the National Anthem will be sung.